News and Views from D.C. area High Schools

Capital Student News

Smithsonian Folklife Festival Basque: Innovation by Culture

The+San+Francisco+Klika+Brass+Band%2C+with+shared+members+of+the+Kern+County+Basque+Club%2C+marches++across+the+National+Mall+in+Washington%2C+D.C.%2C+between+Madison+and+Jefferson+Drive+on+July+7%2C+2016+at+the+46th+annual+Smithsonian+Folklife+Festival.+Spanning+both+traditional+and+popular+genres%2C+Basque+music+has+complex+traditions+that+are+particular+to+the+Basque+people.+
The San Francisco Klika Brass Band, with shared members of the Kern County Basque Club, marches  across the National Mall in Washington, D.C., between Madison and Jefferson Drive on July 7, 2016 at the 46th annual Smithsonian Folklife Festival. Spanning both traditional and popular genres, Basque music has complex traditions that are particular to the Basque people.

The San Francisco Klika Brass Band, with shared members of the Kern County Basque Club, marches across the National Mall in Washington, D.C., between Madison and Jefferson Drive on July 7, 2016 at the 46th annual Smithsonian Folklife Festival. Spanning both traditional and popular genres, Basque music has complex traditions that are particular to the Basque people.

TA’ONE WALKER/RICHARD WRIGHT PCS/ HUMANITIES DC/SOTC2016

Volunteers at the Folklife Festival wait to supply information to the visitors about the Basque Region.